5 Ways Active Release Techniques in San Antonio Can Help Your Performance
Active Release Techniques (ART) is one of the fastest growing treatment methods in sports rehab and physical therapy practices today. An innovative method to treat the soft tissue system through manual therapy, ART targets the body’s muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves and fascia.
With the ability to treat injuries quickly, effectively and permanently, injured athletes across the world are beginning to understand the vast benefits associated with ART. Here are 5 benefits and ways Active Release Techniques can boost your performance.
- 1.Enhanced Circulation – ART involves the use of over 500 specialized movements that can be used to increase blood flow to areas where muscle tissue has been weakened or tightened due to adhesions or scar tissue. Reduced tightness in muscles and tendons will allow greater circulation. Proper circulation is essential to muscle growth and getting them the nutrients they need to perform at your best.
- 2.Restored Range of Motion – Active Release Technique clinicians can identify areas of muscle tension or soft tissue adhesion and work to remove the adhesions. Using stretching movements and compressive force, the patient’s tissue is moved to allow full range of motion for the affected muscles. Whether it’s your golf swing or swim stroke, a full range of motion is essential to peak performance.
- 3.Eliminate Pain – Repetitive motion, acute injury or constant pressure on muscle tissue cause pain and discomfort in the affected area. ART protocols can release trapped nerves and remove soft tissue fibrosis that are causing pain to the muscles. Faster recovery times and reduced soreness after exercise result.
- 4.Alleviate Tennis Elbow – Through the use of specific ART movements and applied tension, patients suffering from tennis elbow have been restored to full range of motion, relieved pain in tendons and muscles.
- 5.Increased Oxygen to Muscle Tissue – Optimal muscle performance and growth require an adequate supply of oxygen to the tissue. ART techniques improve blood flow to muscle tissue that carries the necessary oxygen to the area. By unblocking circulation and stretching the tissue, your muscles are getting more of what they need for healthy functioning and development.
An Active Release Technique session involves both examination and treatment of muscle texture, tightness and mobility. Additionally, nerves, tendons, fascia and ligaments in affected areas are evaluated and treated. Remove scar tissue from your aching muscles that are limiting your mobility, causing tightness, tingling and numbness that have negatively impacted your performance.
Get the most from your workouts and perform at your maximum potential. Schedule your ART session for improved circulation, reduced pain and tightness and less recovery time after your next workout.
For relief of headaches, shoulder or back pain, knee problems, carpal tunnel syndrome and more, see your ART specialist at Stratton Sport & Spine in the San Antonio area today. We specialize in the ART technique and offer a state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility for all our patient’s recovery needs. Call us to schedule a consultation to learn more about how ART can help improve your performance.